The Official CompTIA Security+ Study Guide (Exam SY0-501)
This fully illustrated book covers all the latest SY0-501 exam objectives and is packed with informative and accessible content. Includes the following:
- Review questions at the end of each unit
- Comprehensive glossary
What you’ll learn
This text will teach you the fundamental principles of installing and configuring cybersecurity controls and participating in incident response and risk mitigation. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus.
After reading the text, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products
- Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced
About CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification because it focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
For the latest Security+ exam information regarding availability, version and pending retirement, please visit https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/security
About Official CompTIA Content
Official CompTIA Content is the only study material exclusively developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate. The Guides and accompanying resources provide learners with the knowledge necessary to train for their certification exam and the skills needed for a successful career in technology.